The Getches-Wilkinson Center, in conjunction with many collaborators, has a strong interest in promoting implementation of the Colorado Water Plan (CWP). Some of our relevant papers include:
- Where now with Alternative Transfer Methods–ATMs–in Colorado? (2017).
- Proposal for an Enhanced Colorado Water Bank (2016). This concise proposal builds upon a much more detailed research report, entitled: An Enhanced Water Bank for Colorado (2016).
- Improving Irrigation Water Uses for Agricultural and Environmental Benefits (2016).
- Enhancing Watershed Planning in Implementation of the Colorado Water Plan: An Overview of Implementation Challenges and Opportunities (2016).
- Watershed Planning and Management in Colorado: Getches-Wilkinson Center Working Paper (2016).
- A Look at Laws Authorizing Uses of Conserved and Saved Water in California, Montana, Oregon and Washington (2016).
- Integrated Land and Water Planning in Colorado (2016).
This work builds upon on earlier review of the draft CWP. That report, led by Lawrence (Larry) MacDonnell and featuring contributions from a team of prominent water scholars, is entitled: Navigating A Pathway Toward Colorado’s Water Future (2015).